Fiancé(e) Visas

We live in the 21st century and physical boundaries no longer dictate love and relationships. A K-1 fiancé visa allows individuals to bring their foreign fiancée/fiancé to the United States in order to get married. After marriage, your spouse can stay permanently and immigrate to America after applying for adjustment of status.

Learn More

Houston K-1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer

K-1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer Austin

The K-1 fiancé visa allows a foreign national to enter the United States for up to 90 days for the purpose of marrying a United States citizen (fiancée/fiancés of green card holders do not qualify for a K-1 visa). The couple must have met within the two years prior to the fiancée/fiancé visa application, unless waived by immigration officials. Both must be eligible to marry by meeting the age requirements and showing proof that any former marriages were legally ended.

K-1 Fiancée/Fiancé Visa Process in the US

The K-1 fiancée/fiancé visa process is usually faster than obtaining a marriage visa. We can help prepare the fiancé visa petition quickly and accurately in order to avoid lengthy processing delays.

Immigration to US After Marriage

Once the K-1 fiancée/fiancé marries the petitioning US citizen within 90 days of entering the US, they can complete the immigration process by applying for adjustment of status and obtaining a green card.

K-2 Visa for Child of K-1 Fiancé

Children of a foreign fiancée/fiancé coming to the US on a K-1 visa are able to accompany their parent on a K-2 visa if they are unmarried and under 21 at the time they enter the US. Additionally, they may need permission from the non-custodial parent in order to qualify.